PERFORMANCES (by piece):
Swells and Shoots (2016) for Adele and Martin Johnson - viola and cello.
- Kate Ellis and Lisa Dowdall perform at The Ark, Temple Bar, June 24th 2017.
- Performed at the Lutheran Hall, Adelaide road as part of CMC new music salon in November 2016.
Swelt Belly At Dawn (2013) for Concorde. Piece for trio – clarinet, violin and cello.
- Crash ensemble perform “Swelt Belly at Dawn” on 17th April: Concert 1: Dublin Castle at 14:40; Concert 2: Civic Theatre, Tallaght at 20:15
- Sepia ensemble, Poland perform “Swelt Belly at Dawn” at the 46. INTERNATIONAL POZNAŃ MUSIC SPRING FESTIVAL 2017. 4th April / 19:00 / Aula Nova, Plac Stefana Stuligrosza 1
- Crash ensemble perform “Swelt Belly at Dawn” as part of International Woman’s Day, 8th March, at the National Concert Hall, Dublin.
- Crash ensemble perform “Swelt Belly at Dawn” in the Netherlands on Sat, 26th November 2016: explore-the-north.nl
- Crash ensemble perform and workshop “Swelt Belly at Dawn” in Bandon, Cork as part of Engage arts festival, October 2016.
- Crash ensemble - National Concert Hall, 24th September 2016 as part of their marathon concert at Composing the Island festival at the National Concert Hall, Dublin.
- Concorde ensemble – Aula Maxima, Galway as part of the IAMIC international conference on new music. 11th June 2016
- Palomar Ensemble and ACM Chicago – Chicago, Illinois – 6th May 2016
- Sepia ensemble – Poznan, Poland – 28th Feb 2015 (Details coming soon).
- Sepia ensemble – Hugh Lane Gallery – 1st Feb 2015 at noon.
- Concorde’s 2014 Up Close with Music series at the RHA Gallery on Sunday April 27th from 2.30 – 4.30 pm.
- Concorde join the Galway Ensemble in Residence: ConTempo Quartet for a concert in the Aula Maxima, NUI Galway at 8 pm on 8 February.
- Hugh Lane Gallery, 6th October 2013
- RHA, Ely Place, Dublin, 20th January 2013. Two performances.
FLUX – jeux de bague (2012) for Ondes Martenot and tape. Written for and in collaboration with Nathalie Forget.
- Nathalie Forget performs Flux for Ondes Martenot and tape as part of Les Conversatoires #5 on March 23rd, 2017 at 21.00 at Le Triton, 11 bis rue du coq français, 93260 Les Lilas
- 21st of June at Lilas en Scène.
- 14th of June, 19h, at Longeval, domaine culturel à Saint Just d’Avray, France.
- Kraak Festival, Anvers, Belgium 26th of April 2014.
- Centre Culturel Irlandais, Paris – 8th April 2014
- Festival für zeitgenössische Musik – 17. November 2013 auf Kampnagel, Hamburg, Germany, 22h00.
- Musée des archives, Chartres, Fr, 8th of June 2013, 19h00,
- Concert for Amnesty International, Temple de Dreux (Fr), 7th April 2013, 17h.
- Eglise Notre Dame d’espérance, Bastille, Paris, 20th May 2012.
…mad sweet pangs through my belly and breast… (2011), for vocal duo and improvised ensemble.
Commissioned by Michelle O’Rourke with funds from the Arts Council for her vocal duo TRYST (Michelle O’Rourke and Nora Ryan with Dennis Cassidy, Sean Maynard Smith, Jonathan Brigg + guests):
- LEAP, Karl-Liebnecht strasse, Berlin, 4th November 2011
- The Backloft, St.Augustine street, Dublin, 1st November 2011
- The Cell, Manhattan, New York, 1st October, 2011
- Premiere – Douglass street music collective, Brooklyn, New York, 28th Sep, 2011
Fine Feathers Far Below The Blue Floor (2011), for viola, piano, clarinet and tape.
Commissioned by Concorde with funds from the Arts Council.
- Concorde featuring Garth Knox – Centre Culturel Irlandais, Paris, 14th October 2011
- Concorde featuring Garth Knox – Hugh Lane Gallery, 26th June 2011
My One’s Bigger Than Yours (2011), for double bass, cello and tape:
- Kaleidoscope Night – 1st June 2011
- Sensorium Festival – Project Arts Centre, Cube, 11th March 2011
To Pull An Eerie Twist (2011), for voice (Michelle O’Rourke), cello (Kate Ellis) and tape:
- Huddersfield Contemporary Music Festival, hcmf shorts: Michelle O’Rourke, 11.40 am, Creative Arts Building Atrium, Monday 19th November, 2012.
- Kaleidoscope Night – Odessa club, 6th November 2012
- Sensorium Festival – Project Arts Centre, Cube, 12th March 2011
- Kaleidoscope Night – Odessa club, 2nd February 2011
…within an egg of space… (2009), for sextet and tape:
Commissioned by Concorde ensemble with funds from the Arts Council.
- Concorde for their 40th anniversary concert on the 18th September, 2017, Hugh Lane Gallery.
- Concorde ensemble – Hugh Lane Gallery, 22nd November 2009
- Concorde ensemble – National Gallery of Ireland, 7th June 2009
hush… (2008), for the adapted viola and tape:
- Trio Scordatura, Elisabeth Smalt – Gallerie Mario Mazzoli, Zimmerstrasse 13, Berlin, 16th July 2009
- Trio Scordatura, Elisabeth Smalt (Ergodos festival) – Unitarian church, St. Stephens Green, Dublin, 24 Apr 2009
- Trio Scordatura, Elisabeth Smalt – De Link in Tilburg, Netherlands, 17 Feb 2009
- Trio Scordatura, Elisabeth Smalt – Muziekcentrum de Badcuyp, Amsterdam, 16 Dec 2008
Invisible Shadows (2008), for chamber orchestra:
Postgraduate commission from the University of York.
- University Chamber Orchestra – Sir Jack Lyons Concert Hall, University of York, 9th May 2008
Up to my f-holes (2008), for cello and tape:
- Kate Ellis performs “Up to my f-holes” for cello and tape with live drawing by Rory Tangney at Phonica in Smock Alley on the 24th April 2017.
- Kate Ellis performs “Up to my f-holes” for cello and tape as part of the Spike Cello Festival at the Hugh Lane gallery at noon on the 12th February 2017 www.spikecellofest.com
- Kate Ellis performed “Up to my f-holes” for cello and tape in Galway, May 2015.
- Kate Ellis performed “Up to my f-holes” for cello and tape as part of the AIC “Irish Canon” gig in Limerick. 21 April, 2015
- Kate Ellis – AIC’s Irish Canon series. Kevin Barry room at the National Concert Hall on the 19th June, 2014 at 20.30.
- Kate Ellis – as part of Kaleidoscope at the Kilkenny Arts Festival, 12th August, 2013
- Kate Ellis – As part of Love: Live Music day on the 21st June 2012, Dublin City Traffic Control Office and for broadcast on Dublin City fm.
- Kate Ellis – Crash ensemble, How About Now, Bandon, Cork, September 2011
- Kate Ellis – Crash ensemble, Free State VI, April 2011
- Laura Moody – Synergy Centre Camberwell, 17 May 2008
- Laura Moody – Sir Jack Lyons Concert Hall, University of York, 6th February 2008
PER_FORM (2007), for vibraphone and tape:
- Damien Harron – Soundwaves festival, Brighton and Hove, 29th June 2008
- Damien Harron – Algager Arts Centre, Axis Theatre, Manchester Metropolitan University, 28 February 2008
Whispering The Turmoil Down (2007), for bass clarinet and tape:
- Paul Roe – The AIC The Irish Canon Season 2 –
8 Apr, 1pm Paul Roe Mary Immaculate College, Limerick
- Paul Roe – Royal Irish Academy, 16th October 2013
- Paul Roe – NUIM Maynooth, 11th October 2012
- Paul Roe – RIAM Dublin, 15th September 2012
- Paul Roe – Rubicon gallery (Concorde concert), 13th November 2011
- Paul Roe – National Gallery of Ireland (Concorde ensemble concert), 17th June 2009
- Bernie Balfe – The Lab James Joyce Street, 27 Feb 2009
- Ensemble Scratch the Surface – Soundwaves festival, Brighton and Hove, 25 June 2008
- Paul Roe – Concorde ensemble concert, Barcelona, 27 May 2008
- Paul Roe – Sir Jack Lyons Concert Hall, University of York, 4th December 2007
- Paul Roe – Hugh Lane Gallery (concorde ensemble lunchtime concert), 18th November 2007
4-PLAY (2007), for percussion quartet:
- Percussemble (percussion quartet), Emmaus kirche, Berlin, 1st November 2007
Panoval (2006) for piano, violin and tape.
- Joseph Houston and Aisha Orazbayeva – Lutheran Hall, Adelaide rd. AIC concert.
Metallurgy (2006), for tape:
- Sensorium Festival – Project Arts Centre, Cube, 9th March 2011
- Ergodos festival, Portrait of Judith Ring, Kevin Barry room, National Concert Hall, 20 Apr 2009
- National Centre for Early Music, York, BEAST concert, 08 June 2008
- Printing House New Music Festival, Trinity College Dublin 25-26th Nov 2006
MOUTHPIECE (2006), for voice and tape or tape alone:
- Performed by Michelle O’Rourke at The Music Composition Centre, Trinity College Dublin on the 21st January 2015.
- Performed by Michelle O’Rourke at Birmingham Conservatoire 19 January 2015.
- “Mouthpiece” for voice and tape will be performed by Michelle O’Rourke as part of the AIC’s series ‘The Irish Canon’. Cork School of Music, Union Quay, Cork, 23rd April, 20.00.
- Performed by Michelle O’Rourke in the Kevin Barry Room, National Concert Hall at 20.30 on Tuesday 3rd December 2013 as part of the Irish Canon Series of concerts presented by the Association of Irish Composers (AIC)
- New York City premiere. Presented by Ear to Mind on June 16th, 2012 at 8pm, Nimoy Thalia at Peter Norton Symphony Space.
- Katzin Concert Hall, Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ, USA), January 31, 2011
- Democracy Center, Cambridge, MA, USA, 3rd December, 2010
- National Sun Yat-sen University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, 10th November 2010
- Murray State University, Murray, KY, USA, 9th November 2010
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County, Baltimore, USA, 28th Oct 2010
- Montana State University, Bozeman, MT, USA, 23rd Oct 2010
- IAWM – Musée des moulages de l’Universite de Lyon II, France, 22nd Oct 2010
- Soundlab concert – Deirdre Moynihan (voice), Project Arts Centre, Dublin, 22nd Oct 2010
- California State University, Fullerton, CA, USA, 20th Oct 2010
- Sensorium – Michelle O’Rourke (voice), Guildhall, York, England, 6th Jan 2010.
- Ergodos Voices – Michelle O’Rourke (voice), Kevin Barry room, National Concert Hall, 5th December, 2009.
- Ergodos Festival, Portrait of Judith Ring, Kevin Barry room, National Concert Hall, 20 Apr 2009
- Natasha Lohan (voice), Blackheath halls, May 2007
- Sligo new music festival festival 2006
PHORM (2003), for tenor saxophone and tape:
- Music in the Historic Quarter, CMC presents an outdoor music trail in Dublin, 2010
- Bradyworks, Canada, concert, Dublin Dec 2003
- Bradyworks concert tour Canada – Toronto, Montreal and Trois-Rivieres, Dec 2 2003
Fusion (2003), for double bass and tape:
- Malachy Robinson (double bass), Composers choice series curated by the Whispering Gallery, NCH 2003
Interference (2002), for voice and tape:
- (Revised) Crash ensemble concert may 2005
- Natasha Lohan (voice) Crash ensemble concert Nov 2002
STAGGER (2002), for piano:
- Performed by pianist Rolf Hind at the National concert hall 2002
NOCAN (2002), for tape:
- Crash ensemble concert 2002
INTERLUDE + MEMBRANE (1999), for tape:
- Dance Theatre of Irelands show Prism
CONGESTION (2001), for tape:
- Dance Theatre of Irelands show Prism 2002
- Whispering gallery noise festival 2001
ACCUMULATION (2000), for tape:
- Atelierfrankfurt, Frankfurt, 24 November 2011
- Sensorium Festival – Project Arts Centre, Cube, 7th March 2011
- Aix de provence, France, 17 June 2008
- Mostly modern concert, April 2005
- Dance Theatre of Irelands show Evidence 2001
- Crash ensemble at EXPO 2000 Hanover + Hamburg
- Crash ensemble spectral concert, sep 2000
- GONE (video art piece with sound design)
- Museumspark, Rudersdorf, Sommerakademie exhibition (2004)
- Werkstatt Junge Akademie – Akademie der Künste, Berlin. (2004)
- STOCZNIA (sound design for a video art piece by Stefan Riekeles) exhibition in Gdansk, Poland. (2004)
- What Was – Judith Ring – Ergodos records – first complete cd of works (2014)
- Reflections – Concorde CD (2010) – featuring …within an egg of space…
- Dubh – Trio Scordatura CD – released on Ergodos records (2010) – “hush…”
- CMC, CONTEMPORARY MUSIC FROM IRELAND VOL.9 (2010) – “…within an egg of space…” performed by Concorde.
- CMC, CONTEMPORARY MUSIC FROM IRELAND VOL.4. (2004) – “phorM” (extract)
- THE MUSIC BOARD OF IRELAND – “Nocan” – A collection of contemporary Irish music and film (2004).
- BY THE NEW TIME – “Accumulation” Compilation of Irish electro-acoustic music compiled by Roger Doyle. (2001)
- 22ND LUIGI RUSSOLO PRIZE – “Accumulation” (2000)
- TIME AND AGAIN – Director: Barry Dowling. (2000)
- NELL – Director: Diarmuid Goggins. (2001)
- OFF PLAN by Simon Doyle. A RAW theatre, in association with the Project Arts centre production. Directed by Rachel West. 2010.
MUSIC FOR CONTEMPORARY DANCE:
- LOST AGAIN – collaboration with choreographer Anna Melander. (2005)
- PLEASE BE SEATED – collaboration with choreographer Anna Melander. (2006)
- ANGELS AND DEMONS – collaboration with choreographer Vince Virr. (2005)